Boston
Some of my college girlfriends and I went to Boston for the St. Patrick's Day weekend. Boston taught me that I have absolutely forgotten everything from my American History classes. We did this tourist thing called "The Freedom Trail" where you see all the historic places in Boston. I got to see the Old State House, Paul Revere's House, The Old North Church, Boston Common, etc. I have no clue what the Boston Massacre or the Boston Tea Party were, oops, but saw where they took place.
However, I did know what Cheers was and we went an got a beer at the Cheers bar! I also stopped by Fenway and took a few pictures. The weekend was mostly freezing cold and rainy and as California girls we were struggling. Thank goodness CA welcomed us back with amazing weather this past week.
Back to Boston. On Saturday we met us with some college friends for a St. Patrick's Day dinner of corned beef, cabbage, and mashed potatoes. Then we made our way to a good Irish bar for the required green beer and excessive drinking. We didn't even realize how late we were at the bar until we got to IHOP at 4am. Apparently, bars are open a lot later on the East coast.
Anyway, that was the general trip overview. Saw some history, caught up with the ladies, got soaked, and drank a lot. Boston is such an amazing city and I would love to go back in the summer when the rain and cold wouldn't interfere too much.
Next time.....a celebrity encounter
No comments:
Post a Comment