Sunday, January 31, 2010

Still on track

Yes, it's shocking but I am still working towards checking all of these bad boys off my list. In the past I would have abandoned this project by now. Not in 2010!

Read 10 books:

I just completed Test Drive your Dream Job: A Step-by-Step Guide to Finding and Creating the Work You Love by Brian Kurth. I know sounds too self-helpish for most but was really a great motivator for anyone who wants to pursue a new career or who is looking to find work they love.

Book number 2 will be......
Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business by the AMAZING Dolly Parton. I am so excited but am having the hardest time getting my hands on a copy. It seems both the city libraries I am a member of are keeping it from me and I am not happy about it.

I have a mini obsession with Dolly and I am sure after reading her autobiography (that's right, she is so fab and intelligent she can write her own book) it will turn into a full blown stalker situation.






Write an article and submit it to a magazine:


I got a library book on how to write and submit and articles to magazines for publication. Not too exciting but since I am not a writer it might be best to seek some advice from whoever it is that wrote this book.

Volunteer: more than once, and actually enjoy it

While searching for local volunteer opportunities I came across The Princess Project!!!! I had heard about them before and thought it sounded like such a fun organization. In case you haven't heard about them; The Princess Project collects prom dresses and accessories and gives them to girls who cannot afford their own. :)

Shopping, styling, and helping girls.....sign me up! I think this will be a match made in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment