Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm on my way.

Learning how to ski:

I have planned two trips to Tahoe in February! Unfortunately, I have also had several conversations about ski accidents, unqualified ski patrol, massive head trauma, death on the slopes................uh...maybe I'll learn how to ski next year.

Learn to spell:

Since I don't have a 3rd grade teacher cracking the whip; I had to think of a way for me to improve my spelling skills on my own. My roommate decided the best way would be to sign myself up for an adult spelling bee. I thought it was pure genius! For some reason I was perfectly OK with the idea of humiliating myself in front of an audience. Weird.

After a quick search, it seemed the only adult spelling bees were small philanthropy events where teams of adults work together to spell given words. So my boyfriend suggested I throw one myself, compete, and raise some money for one of my favorite non profits. I kinda like it.

In the meantime, I decided to write down all the words that have that angry little red squiggly underline. Those will become the master list. Then I will force anyone willing, to test me or to challenge me in a spell off. This will be my Rocky-style uber-intense training for the bee.

See 3 new places:

I have booked a ticket to Boston! I know it's not Istanbul or Tokyo but I have never been and always wanted to go. PLUS, my girlfriends and I are going for the St. Patrick's Day weekend which I am pretty sure is THE biggest weekend of the year in Boston.

more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment